Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Night In April

Take away my strength,
Take away my peace of mind.
It’s all a game, just a power trip.

Crouching in my corner,
Mascara smears down my face,
You have reduced me to this.
I’m scared of my own shadow.

You make no sound but I know you are behind me.
I don’t look back but I start to walk a little faster.

Take away my purity,
Take away my closely guarded prize,
It would mean nothing to you, just another cheap fuck.

It comes down to this,
A fear of a fate worse than death,
It has reduced me to this,
As you slowly creep from the shadows.

You make no sound but I know you are behind me.
I don't look back but I start to run.

No one is here,
No one to hear me scream,
You smile as you see me cry.

No one is here,
No one to hear me scream,
You smile as you see me fight.

I have to live past this night.
I can’t let it end here.
Please move!
Oh God, please move!
Oh God…
I have to run!
I have to live!
Oh God…
I have to get away…
I have to run…

1 comment: