Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Frame

I’m just the frame that hangs around your picture.
I’m just the fog that greets the morning sun.
I’m just the phase that one day you will grow out of,
I’m just the one that you’ll think got away.
But I know this was more than just a momentary lapse on my part.
And I know you won’t forget me in seconds before sleep calls you home,
With your cigarette smoke lilting onward to heaven,
You’ll think of me and dream…

I cried into my mocking pillow with tears that just wouldn’t come,
I fought against the sunrise that called me back to a life where I see you.
Your voice shakes me to my core and I can’t understand why,
I fell into the trap that I despise.
But I know this was more than just a momentary lapse of my part.
And I know you won’t forget me in seconds before sleep calls you home,
With your arms around her as you drift towards heaven,
You’ll think of me and dream…

I drift towards idyllic status in your mind,
And here alone I would give anything not to be awake,
Not to feel,
Not to hurt,
Not to know your name.
One word is all it would take to have you here with me again
But I can’t do this again….
I can’t do this again…
I’m just the frame that hangs around your picture…
But I guess I’m just not the type to hang as a trophy on your wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment