Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Part My Lips

Part my lips with pretty words,
Perish at the thought of my pain.
Lingering in the lonely gaze of midnight in my eyes,
Staking claim to my hidden thoughts and confessions.
Heaven holds the echo
Of our one day in the sun
As Hell holds the reality
Of every other day.
Lamplight fades away to dust,
As translucent shades of memory evoke my name.
Turning now from dusk to dawn,
Your misery darkening my crystal winged angel.
Part my lips with pretty words,
Part my words with pretty lips,
Marching on, beat by beat, to the sounds of two hearts pounding in the midst of pervasive silence..
Enthralled, enraged, in time, in space, in pursuit of fire to warm their souls.
Pull me out into darkness,
Sing to me a dissonant song.
Teach me to see heaven in the midst of fire and ash.
Give me a place to rest my weary head.

No comments:

Post a Comment