Sunday, August 8, 2010

Fraud

Where am I going?
Where did I lose myself?
Did the real me drown amid the crashing waves?

What am I doing?
What is the plan now?
What do I do with this terrified shell that remains?

What can I do,
What can I say,
Was I fraud then, or am I now?

Is this a new beginning,
Or just the end of an age?
I'm all questions with no answers in sight.

I hear their laughter,
I feel my tears,
Is this cowardess or is it growth?

I don't know where tomorrow leads,
One more song,
Or never again.

I don't if I should bow
Or if I should run,
Am I wanted here more than I want to be gone?

What can I do,
What can I say,
Was I a fraud then, or am I now?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful poem, Mandy.

    I can relate to many of the questions you ask.

    The good thing about being where you are now is that you have both the past experience and the present to choose the best from.

    Maybe it's the other people around you who are frauds, not you... You're continuing to question your authenticity and identity, and that will produce the right answers (or maybe the right questions?! :) )

    Love your work!

    ReplyDelete